只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3067|回复: 10

[新闻报道] FM 2010 博客 - 第23天: 速度测试与Paulo Nutini

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-10-6 00:27:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
原帖由 maxflyer 于 2009-10-6 12:27 PM 发表
大家好 —— 希望大家都过了一个愉快的周末。

对于在SI的我们,这个周末很忙碌。FM2010的开发已经进入了最后的冲刺,一切进展都在预定的计划当中。

我们整个周末都在工作,同时QA团队试图找到游戏的问题。感谢上帝一切都很顺利,但是在没有去任何地方的情况下产生了时差还是挺奇怪的——这周末都是早上6点才睡觉(没喝酒..)。

我们现在进展到了一个叫做“发布候选一”的阶段。这是最终DVD版游戏的第一个版本,现在,开始生产前的封闭测试阶段也已经在进行了几天后结束了。

由于在不同的版本里都有不同的问题,通常有5、6个发布候选(为不同的国家我们准备了6种不同语言的DVD)。

这些问题通常是缺损的语言文件,或者小的数据错误,但是也可能是任何情况。所以有个不能改任何代码的封闭期是很好的也是很让人恼火的。

一般,一旦这个过程开始,需要花几个星期来完成,直到我们正式“金色”(意思是金母碟正式生产了),如果一切进展顺利,试玩就可以在正式版发布前两周发布了(如同之前暗示的)。

既然我们处在这个阶段,我们就要写系统说明书了(再一次,和以前暗示的一样,假如不是完全一样的话,会跟FM2009的很相似),同时我们也进行速度测试,观察游戏的运行速度以及我们的最优化有没有效。

我们在固定的环境下进行速度测试,只有一台电脑可以用来做这个。还是这台机器,在过去的版本中也是用来进行速度测试,在最新版本的测试中,我们使用了完全相同的设定,包括使用一名赋闲的经理运行一个赛季。

完成了两个测试,一个是有比赛引擎全部细节的,这意味着每场比赛都完全进行;另一个是使用最低细节,意味着是通过快速游戏引擎进行比赛。

你在玩游戏的时候,通常使用的是两种引擎的混合。你参加的赛事将会使用完整引擎,没有你参加的则会使用快速引擎,尽管这些你都可以在游戏参数界面的“细节度”里设置。

下面是结果...

完整引擎 —— 速度相比09加快16%

快速引擎 —— 速度相比09加快43.5%

我对于这个结果感到满意的同时,这些结果对于你们意味着什么呢?

我询问了梦想队伍的一些外部测试人员,他们对今年的游戏速度的感觉怎样。

Tim Pyke

“FM10的速度相比09有显著的优化。不仅是实际运行速度加快,同时界面更易于操作。

“我运行了三个国家11个联赛加上一些杯赛来进行测试,结果运行得很流畅。

“4个国家度假测试,我可以在12小时进行5、6个赛季,这给我提供了很多数据。

“我的数据库大小一直是标准,同时进行了一些额外选择增加了球员的数量。我的电脑使用超线程3.2ghz P4处理器和2.5gb内存,这个设定对我来说正好。

“和09比起来,我过去一般把英格兰联赛开到Blue Square North and South,使用标准大小数据库。一个比赛日需要花费几分钟时间。

“在FM10测试阶段,借助新编机器,我尝试把英格兰联赛开到第十级(Wessex League Division One and Sussex County League Division Two)。

“这增加了7个联赛,尽管周六比赛处理多花了1、2分钟,但是考虑到增加的联赛,这是个显著的速度提升。有了这个改进,玩家们可以在相同速度下比过去玩更多联赛。”

原帖由 fatfat325 于 2009-10-6 08:50 PM 发表
Neil

“FM10运行得很好。我觉得比09快多了,而且响应更迅速了。我现在正在玩大数据库,载入了英超、英冠,还有俄罗斯、西班牙、意大利、德国、法国、荷兰、土耳其、乌克兰、巴西、阿根廷和葡萄牙的顶级联赛。运行得很好。”

Dean Ketley

“比起FM2009,在我的机子上FM2010就像尤塞恩·博尔特。它确实大大减少了处理时间,所以即使我比起09多开了四个联赛,还是能够以我觉得比09快30%的速度运行。在测试的过程中的游戏速度给我留下了十分深刻的印象。我可以放心的说,你们的工作很出色。"

"游戏以大数据库(我记得是4.2万个球员)运行、英格兰的全部细节以及后期阶段的西班牙和意大利。”

Nick Mahiltz

“速度改进了很多。以前开档需要30分钟的现在3分钟不到就完成了。用户界面的响应速度和比赛引擎都被巨大地提升了。优化时有史以来FM系列里看到的最好的。

"我在用一台双核的、2GB内存的笔记本电脑,开了英格兰、苏格兰、冰岛的所有联赛,大数据库,全部细节。”

Nik Reeves-McLaren

“FM2009与FM2010的速度差别真的很容易就能发现:FM2010的响应速度更快,处理速度更快开档也快多了。"

"我在一台单核奔腾4的电脑上运行,开了自定义数据库(大数据库再加上所有大洲的所有国家队队员)。总共3.1万个球员,而且保留了与我当谢菲联经理的任务相关的球员!"

"在我测试的大部分时间里,我运行了英格兰联赛(一直向下到第十级)和苏格兰联赛(又是一个自定义编辑器文件 - 实施每个联赛18支队伍的金字塔联赛,直到少年联赛)。虽然只有两个国家,但是有58个联赛还有很多额外的杯赛!"

"即使开着58个联赛运行,我很少在等待比赛的结果。”

那么就这样子了。现在,我们上周邀请了一位特别嘉宾来到了SI Towers,他就是Paolo Nutini,以为被记录为FM这款游戏的大粉丝。他在巡游中放假一天,所以来看我们还有玩一下FM2010,并且跟我们做了一个小采访。你可以在这里看这个视频(记得把音箱音量调大,因为这不是在世界上最专业地录制的视频!)……

大家明天在另一个关于FM2010和它的新特性的博客里见。

Cheers,
Miles

[ 本帖最后由 fatfat325 于 2009-10-7 03:00 AM 编辑 ]
 楼主| 发表于 2009-10-6 00:28:12 | 显示全部楼层
Football Manager 2010 new features blog Day 23: Speed tests and Paulo Nutini

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/ ... -article180613.html

Hello everyone – I hope you all had lovely weekends.

For us at SI Towers it was a busy one to say the least. We’re on the final straight now for development of Football Manager 2010, and had certain deadlines to hit, which we have done.

These deadlines mean that a bunch of us have been at the studio or on call all weekend whilst the QA teams at Sports Interactive and SEGA try to break the game. Thankfully it was quite peaceful, but it’s a very strange feeling to have jetlag when I haven’t travelled anywhere, having gone to sleep at 6am each day this weekend (and not even with drink inside me….)

We are now at a stage called "release candidate one" with the game. This is the first version of the final master DVD of the game, and it is now over at SEGA for a period of lock down testing for a few of days, before it goes off to start the manufacturing process.

Normally there will be five or six release candidates as issues are found with the different versions of the game (we have six different DVD’s that have different languages on for different countries).

These issues are normally things like a missing language file on a DVD, or minor data errors, but could include anything, so it’s both great and frustrating for us to have a “lockdown” period where we’re not allowed to change anything code-wise unless something is found.

Typically, once this process starts, it takes a couple of weeks to complete until we’re officially “gold” (which means that gold master disc is in manufacturer) and if all goes normally, it would lead to the demo being released (as previously hinted at) two weeks before the games release.

Now that we’re at this stage, we’ll be working out what the system specifications for the game are (which, again, as previously hinted, are likely to be pretty close, if not identical, to FM2009) but we also do “speed tests” to see how the game runs, and whether our optimisations have worked.

When we do speed tests, they are done in a controlled environment, so we have one PC that is only allowed to be used for these tests. This same machine is used to do tests with previous version of the game, and then with the latest version, with exactly the same in game set up, which involves running a season with an unemployed manager.

Two different tests are done, one with full detail match engine, which means every match in the game is played through in full, and one with minimum detail, which means the matches are played through our quick match engine.

When you’re playing the game, you typically have a mixture of both, with any competition you are in played in the full match engine, and ones that you aren’t in played with the quick match engine, although this is completely configurable in the “detail level” section in the games preferences screen.

Anyway, onto the results…

Full match detail – a speed increase between Football Manager 2010 and Football Manager 2009 (fully patched) of 16%.

Quick match detail – a speed increase between Football Manager 2010 and Football Manager 2009 (fully patched) of 43.5%

So whilst I’m impressed with those, what do they mean to you when you’re playing the game?

I asked a couple of our Dream Team off-site testers how they felt about the speed this year.

Tim Pyke

“The speed in FM10 has had a nice optimization done to it since FM09.  Not only is the actual processing speed faster but the UI is far more responsive.

"I have been running as general a game with 11 leagues over three nations with a couple of custom cups included (Anglo Scottish and Anglo Italian Cups anyone?) to do most of the beta testing on and it zips through very nicely.

"Even when leaving four nations running over a day to run a few holiday tests I will get through five or six seasons in a 12 hour stretch which gives me plenty of data to use.

"My data base size will always be custom with the standard large and a few additional selections included to bump up the player numbers. For my mid-range PC running a hyper-threading 3.2ghz P4 processor and 2.5gb RAM this is perfectly good for me.

"As a comparison with FM09, I would generally run the English league structure down to Blue Square North and South with only the standard large database loaded and a Saturday match day would take a few minutes to run through which I didn't mind.

"During the FM10 testing phase I have tried running English structure all the way down to Level 10 (Wessex League Division One and Sussex County League Division Two) thanks to the new editor.

"This is an increase from seven leagues to 46 and although the Saturday processing might be a minute or two longer I think for a six fold increase in leagues this is a tremendous improvement. With this improvement more players of the game will be able to increase the number of active leagues running if they wish without much difference in processing speed.”

Neil

“FM10 is running great. A lot quicker then 09 in my opinion and it also seem a lot more responsive. I’m currently playing with large database with English Premiership and Championship loaded then the top leagues from Russia, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Turkey, Ukraine, Brazil, Argentina and Portugal, and it runs great.”

Dean Ketley

“FM2010 is like Usain Bolt compared to FM2009 on my machine, it really does eat up the processing time so much so that I'm playing with four extra leagues compared with 09 and it still runs, I'd guess, at least 30% faster. Really have been impressed with the speed of the game throughout testing and can safely say your guys have done a tremendous job with this.

"The game is running with a large database (42000 players I think) with full detail in England and latter stages in Spain and Italy.”

Nick Mahiltz

“Speed is by far improved, what took 30 minutes to start a game takes less than 3 minutes.  Responsiveness in the UI and match engine has dramatically improved, the optimisation is by far the best seen in the FM series.

"I’m using a Dual Core laptop with 2GB of ram, with all leagues in England, Scotland and Iceland and a large database, on full detail.”

Nik Reeves-McLaren

“The speed difference between FM2009 & FM2010 really is noticeable: FM2010 is more responsive, and processes more quickly. Starting a new game is also much faster.

"I’m running on a single core Pentium 4, with a custom database (large database but with every international player retained from every continent). It comes to a total of 31,000 players, whilst keeping the players selected relevant for my task as Blades manager!

"For most of my testing, I am running England (all the way down to Level 10) and Scotland (again, a custom editor file - implementing an 18-team per division pyramid down to the Juniors).  Only two countries, but 58 divisions and a lot of extra cups!

"Even with 58 divisions running, I'm rarely left waiting for results to pour in.”

So there you go. Now last week, we had a special visitor at SI Towers, the one and only Paolo Nutini, who is well documented as being a big fan of the game. He had a day off whilst on tour, so came to see us and had a play around with FM2010, and did a little interview with us. You can watch it here (and turn your speakers up, as it’s not the most professionally recorded video in the world!)…

See you all tomorrow for another blog about FM2010 and it’s new features.

Cheers,
Miles
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-6 01:44:28 | 显示全部楼层

视频

RayFile下载:http://www.rayfile.com/files/aa8 ... -abe4-0014221b798a/

[ 本帖最后由 fatfat325 于 2009-10-6 01:50 AM 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-6 12:27:10 | 显示全部楼层

未完待续。。

大家好 —— 希望大家都过了一个愉快的周末。

对于在SI的我们,这个周末很忙碌。FM2010的开发已经进入了最后的冲刺,一切进展都在预定的计划当中。

我们整个周末都在工作,同时QA团队试图找到游戏的问题。感谢上帝一切都很顺利,但是在没有去任何地方的情况下产生了时差还是挺奇怪的——这周末都是早上6点才睡觉(没喝酒..)。

我们现在进展到了一个叫做“发布候选一”的阶段。这是最终DVD版游戏的第一个版本,现在,开始生产前的封闭测试阶段也已经在进行了几天后结束了。

由于在不同的版本里都有不同的问题,通常有5、6个发布候选(为不同的国家我们准备了6种不同语言的DVD)。

这些问题通常是缺损的语言文件,或者小的数据错误,但是也可能是任何情况。所以有个不能改任何代码的封闭期是很好的也是很让人恼火的。

一般,一旦这个过程开始,需要花几个星期来完成,直到我们正式“金色”(意思是金母碟正式生产了),如果一切进展顺利,试玩就可以在正式版发布前两周发布了(如同之前暗示的)。

既然我们处在这个阶段,我们就要写系统说明书了(再一次,和以前暗示的一样,假如不是完全一样的话,会跟FM2009的很相似),同时我们也进行速度测试,观察游戏的运行速度以及我们的最优化有没有效。

我们在固定的环境下进行速度测试,只有一台电脑可以用来做这个。还是这台机器,在过去的版本中也是用来进行速度测试,在最新版本的测试中,我们使用了完全相同的设定,包括使用一名赋闲的经理运行一个赛季。

完成了两个测试,一个是有比赛引擎全部细节的,这意味着每场比赛都完全进行;另一个是使用最低细节,意味着是通过快速游戏引擎进行比赛。

你在玩游戏的时候,通常使用的是两种引擎的混合。你参加的赛事将会使用完整引擎,没有你参加的则会使用快速引擎,尽管这些你都可以在游戏参数界面的“细节度”里设置。

下面是结果...

完整引擎 —— 速度相比09加快16%

快速引擎 —— 速度相比09加快43.5%

我对于这个结果感到满意的同时,这些结果对于你们意味着什么呢?

我询问了梦想队伍的一些外部测试人员,他们对今年的游戏速度的感觉怎样。

Tim Pyke

“FM10的速度相比09有显著的优化。不仅是实际运行速度加快,同时界面更易于操作。

“我运行了三个国家11个联赛加上一些杯赛来进行测试,结果运行得很流畅。

“4个国家度假测试,我可以在12小时进行5、6个赛季,这给我提供了很多数据。

“我的数据库大小一直是标准,同时进行了一些额外选择增加了球员的数量。我的电脑使用超线程3.2ghz P4处理器和2.5gb内存,这个设定对我来说正好。

“和09比起来,我过去一般把英格兰联赛开到Blue Square North and South,使用标准大小数据库。一个比赛日需要花费几分钟时间。

“在FM10测试阶段,借助新编机器,我尝试把英格兰联赛开到第十级(Wessex League Division One and Sussex County League Division Two)。

“这增加了7个联赛,尽管周六比赛处理多花了1、2分钟,但是考虑到增加的联赛,这是个显著的速度提升。有了这个改进,玩家们可以在相同速度下比过去玩更多联赛。”

评分

参与人数 1FM币 +54 收起 理由
fatfat325 + 54 广告/SPAM

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-6 16:46:46 | 显示全部楼层
继续等demo喇!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-6 20:50:39 | 显示全部楼层
Neil

“FM10运行得很好。我觉得比09快多了,而且响应更迅速了。我现在正在玩大数据库,载入了英超、英冠,还有俄罗斯、西班牙、意大利、德国、法国、荷兰、土耳其、乌克兰、巴西、阿根廷和葡萄牙的顶级联赛。运行得很好。”

Dean Ketley

“比起FM2009,在我的机子上FM2010就像尤塞恩·博尔特。它确实大大减少了处理时间,所以即使我比起09多开了四个联赛,还是能够以我觉得比09快30%的速度运行。在测试的过程中的游戏速度给我留下了十分深刻的印象。我可以放心的说,你们的工作很出色。"

"游戏以大数据库(我记得是4.2万个球员)运行、英格兰的全部细节以及后期阶段的西班牙和意大利。”

Nick Mahiltz

“速度改进了很多。以前开档需要30分钟的现在3分钟不到就完成了。用户界面的响应速度和比赛引擎都被巨大地提升了。优化时有史以来FM系列里看到的最好的。

"我在用一台双核的、2GB内存的笔记本电脑,开了英格兰、苏格兰、冰岛的所有联赛,大数据库,全部细节。”

Nik Reeves-McLaren

“FM2009与FM2010的速度差别真的很容易就能发现:FM2010的响应速度更快,处理速度更快开档也快多了。"

"我在一台单核奔腾4的电脑上运行,开了自定义数据库(大数据库再加上所有大洲的所有国家队队员)。总共3.1万个球员,而且保留了与我当谢菲联经理的任务相关的球员!"

"在我测试的大部分时间里,我运行了英格兰联赛(一直向下到第十级)和苏格兰联赛(又是一个自定义编辑器文件 - 实施每个联赛18支队伍的金字塔联赛,直到少年联赛)。虽然只有两个国家,但是有58个联赛还有很多额外的杯赛!"

"即使开着58个联赛运行,我很少在等待比赛的结果。”

那么就这样子了。现在,我们上周邀请了一位特别嘉宾来到了SI Towers,他就是Paolo Nutini,以为被记录为FM这款游戏的大粉丝。他在巡游中放假一天,所以来看我们还有玩一下FM2010,并且跟我们做了一个小采访。你可以在这里看这个视频(记得把音箱音量调大,因为这不是在世界上最专业地录制的视频!)……

大家明天在另一个关于FM2010和它的新特性的博客里见。

Cheers,
Miles

[ 本帖最后由 fatfat325 于 2009-10-7 02:58 AM 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1FM币 +61 收起 理由
maxflyer + 61 比你多点。。

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-7 12:28:39 | 显示全部楼层
福音啊!!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-7 14:32:08 | 显示全部楼层
好期待啊!赶快出中文版吧!很好
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-7 19:35:24 | 显示全部楼层
自卖自夸

希望效果显著一点
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-7 23:13:54 | 显示全部楼层
so nice!!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|FMFans ( 京ICP备07501235号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 03:38 , Processed in 0.046086 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.