注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2689|回复: 4

[新闻报道] 【官方】官方FM09博客第三篇文章(已译完成)

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-10-18 01:16:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
文章来源:http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=3583;6;-1;-1&pPageID=3604;
      综合编译:vivilionheart,,iPuerta, Albert(FMZONE-FCT翻译组)
    版权声明:转载请注明出自FMZONE (www.fmzone.cn
=====================================================================================================
忙碌的一天,我们要为您发布3篇Blog。别担心,现在基本都搞定了,希望我们的Blog没有过多的打扰您。

就像我在第一篇Blog中提到的,PSP上的Football Manager Handle在索尼公司称之为“submission”,所以FM2009的各个版本都可以摆上桌面(基本完成),包括PC和MAC版本。我们已处在开发的尾声阶段,这个阶段称之为”代码封锁“(code lock),这意味着不再会加入任何新的容内,只能是修正一些错误,3D画面相关内容已渐进完成。

在我写这篇Blog的时候已经是周四的晚上10:25(伦敦时间)但是仍然有很多的人在工作室,更多的人在家里工作。QA团队一直在测试程序,所以我们能看到俱乐部,球员,财政的长期进展,并第一时间进行分析。本周的早些时候,在游戏的所有本版都制作完成后试运行时,制作团队在疯狂的工作后,得以休息,虽然还有更多的工作等着他们,不曾停止过。

因为我们发布的游戏中有那么多的国际,那么多的语言(我们很棒翻译小组把游戏翻译成17种语言)。我们不能只做一种游戏光盘,面向全球所有国家,我们目前必须制作八种不同的游戏版本,而且以后会更多。而且也要制作可供下载的版本,并为demo做准备工作,所以我们的制作团队不但要确保游戏自身不断成型,也要忙着把它们整合起来。

有些程式员是在主游戏上面工作,他们会试验把全部部分合起来的效果会怎么样,从而去支援负责个别部分的程式员,令游戏运行起来更完美。3D比赛画面还没完全完成,因为一些技术上的工作往往要等其他方面的工作完成后才能够做,而我们在这方面也做了不少,所以我们会看到更好、更真实的动作显示。除了我们自己的SI团队意外,我们还雇佣了一些额外的人来工作几个月来特别令3D比赛画面表现得更好。

我们这次有在游戏里加广告(比如比赛场边的广告牌),令我们未来可能会有不错的生意伙伴,这样令买我们游戏的玩家也得益,我们以后会在博客继续再说这方面的事。

这个年头我们要小心做事不要太粗心。我们的办公室发生了不少意外,都是他们自己不小心(比如吃烧烤吃了不熟的食物),骑脚踏车跌倒撞到头部,和一些其他的事情(我两个礼拜前身体做了一个手术...)。现在我ok了...

虽然很忙,但是我们都很有乐趣。现在我们的工作室这里有不少人,甚至有些已经48小时的留在这里,也有一些我们给工资的游戏实验者,写程序的和负责动画的工作者,还有一些帮助我们数据库方面的,一大堆的资料收集员和来自世界各地的翻译员。你可以想象,我们这里办公室经常都有发生关于足球的辩论(争论),比如今天就有一个争论是关于利物浦的球场搬迁计划应不应该放进游戏里面,因为搬迁不能完全肯定。我们伦敦这里幸好有不少晚餐选择;我们尽量避开一般软件工作者吃的薄饼和汉堡包(因为经常工作至很晚所以只能吃那些);今晚我们有选择吃意大利粉,阿富汗餐(是一些中辣的咖喱,是我今晚的最爱),还有一处地方是做任何种类的食物都好吃的(不是专注一种食物类型的餐厅),那种东西也会有些人喜欢的。

往年的这个时候,游戏都还没有结束。有太多的事情要做了:要去获得我们的发行商以及合作公司(SEGA)的最终审核批准(现在正在做这个),还有例如包装,销售点(你在商店里看到的介绍游戏的东西),海报,新闻广告以及在世界各地开展销售工作的许可。另外,我们也会首次使用电台和电视的广告。我们在SEGA和在其他领域的品牌经理全都在努力工作着,这是为了确保让全球每个玩家都了解:游戏快发布了,它的发布确切日期以及今年的大型促销活动(例如从这个网站订购,就可以免费获得迷你鼠标)。

我们现在的生活使我们已经很难看到自己女友、妻子、伙伴、宠物和朋友,但我们真的都习惯了。尽管我有了3个俱乐部的赛季套票,但我甚至都已经好几个礼拜没有看比赛。我妈妈可以看她的杂志,和我相比她更像生活在真实生活中。虽然这和任何创意产业一样(我在音乐方面工作多年,看到过很多团队的,或者是音乐工作室,或者是当地的演员和导演,巡演数月却以无人观看而不得不结束),但对于我来说,只要能看到大家从游戏中感到快乐并互相交流游戏的心得,这就很值得了。这就使这个世界上最好的工作。。。

是的,我很坦白的说了这些,不过这依旧充满乐趣。游戏就要来了感觉真好,我们十分自豪,但仍然想在最后几周给它进行额外的润色。这是充满希望的润色工作!

所以,我希望你们今天都能有一个美好的周末,我周一会完成另一篇blog,也许会在里面透露一些新特性,并会聊聊我们是如何和YouTube合作的故事,以及其他任何我认为可以写的。

大家可以去我们的论坛(community.sigames.com)讨论关于blog的想法,如果您对于SI想到一些特性是我们所没有的,欢迎随时给我们发email([email protected]),我将从中选择最好的,并在今后的blog里做出答复。

[ 本帖最后由 kang861121 于 2008-10-18 05:27 AM 编辑 ]
发表于 2008-10-18 01:18:09 | 显示全部楼层
强行插入等翻译
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-10-18 02:29:25 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-10-18 03:38:26 | 显示全部楼层
原文:
Hello again. What a busy day it's been, what with 3 blogs here for you all. Don't worry, it'll calm down a bit now, with a blog every few days so as to not bore you too much.

As I said in the first blog of the day, Football Manager™ Handheld on the PSP is now in what is called "submission" at Sony, so it's all hands on deck to get Football Manager™ 2009 finished now, for both PC and Mac. We're in the final stages of development, and are now in a stage called "code lock", which means that nothing new can be added, with only bug fixing and some stuff on the 3d view being done.

This is a stage of very long days. As I write this, it's 10.25pm on Thursday night, and there's still a dozen people in the studio, and many more working at home. QA and a few of the dev team will be running "soak" tests all night, so we can check long term progression of clubs, players, finances and the like and analyse it first thing. The production team has just gone home to get some sleep having done some mad hours earlier in the week doing trial runs of all the different versions of the game that have to be made, although one will be doing more work when he gets in. It doesn't ever stop.

Because we release the game in so many countries, with so many languages (the game gets translated by our amazing team of translators into 17 languages), it's not a case of having one master disc that serves all countries, so we have to do 8 different versions of the game at this stage, and another couple later on. Then there's also the digital download versions to do, and preparation for the demo, so the production team are really busy getting all of that together, as well as having to keep on top of how the game itself is shaping up.

For some of the coders, their work is done on the main game, and they're playing it to see how everything fits together, whilst offering support for those coders who are still full on trying to get everything perfect. There's still quite a bit of work being done to the 3D match view, as quite a lot of the technical stuff has been waiting on other things to be done, so there is extra "blending" of animations and the like to make it look as good as possible. As well as the SI team working on it, we've got a couple of contractors working on that side of things who have been here for a few months to make the 3D match view as good as it possibly can be.

There's also the in-game advertising work going on (which will be in-situ, so advertising hoardings around the side of the pitch), which has already lead to some great partnerships for the future, and will have lots of benefit for those people who buy this years games too, but more of that in a later blog.

We have to be very careful at this time of year to not do too much. There are various office casualties, some of their own doing (like eating something uncooked at a BBQ), some just plain stupid like falling off a bike and getting concussion, to some sweet induced (my root canal treatment a couple of weeks back, followed by 2 hours of emergency dental stuff earlier this week when a crown came out). Sweets are bad, m'kay....

Despite it being really busy, it's actually a lot of fun. There's quite a lot of us here in the studio now at Sports Interactive, with 48 full time at the last count, plus a bunch of testers who are on contracts, the aforementioned coding and animation contractors, and someone helping out on the research and data side of things too, as well as our army of researchers and translators around the world. As you can imagine, the football debates in the office rage constantly, with today's main one being about whether Liverpool's planned stadium move should be in the game or not, seeing as they aren't actually moving for definite, and the speculation on what exactly is being investigated in the match fixing scandal that our friends at the Football League are looking into. The banter is pretty funny too. Thankfully, being in the area of London which we are based, there's loads of choice for dinner, so we try to avoid stereotypical software development studios by having pizza and burgers each night we work late - tonight, there was a choice of pasta, afghan (which is like a mild curry, and my personal choice of the evening) and a place that delivers just about everything from the school of "we do everything not very well". Some people like it.

It's not just getting the game finished either at this time of year. There are all kinds of things to get finalised and approved that our publisher and parent company, SEGA, are doing, such as pack shots, point of sale (the stuff you see in shops that advertises the game), posters, press adverts, marketing and PR campaigns to approve from around the world. And, for the first time with FM, a TV advert too. Our brand manager at SEGA, and all of the territory brand managers, are all working their socks off too to make sure that everyone in every country we release the game in knows that it's coming out, and the release date, with some really great promotions this year, such as the free mini-mouse that you can get by ordering from this very website.

We're kind of used to this stage by now, although it's pretty hard not getting to see girlfriends, wives, partners, pets and friends for a while. I haven't even got to go to a match for a few weeks, despite having season tickets at 3 clubs, and my Mum sees more of me in magazines than she does in real life, which isn't exactly ideal. It's the same in any creative industry though - I worked in music for many years, and seeing bands on tour not getting to see anyone for months on end, or in the studio mixing, or for directors and actors who might be on locastion for months on end, but for me it's worth it in the end when you see people smiling as they pick up the game or telling stories of their time playing it. And it is the best job in the world...

So yes, it's flat out, but still fun. The game is coming together really nicely, and we're very proud of it already, but want to give it that extra polish in the final weeks of development. Here's hoping the polishing works!

So, that's it for today - I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and I'll get another blog done for Monday with maybe a couple of new features in it, the story of how we got involved with YouTube and whatever else I can think to write about.

Oh, and there are likely discussions going on about the blogs on our forums (community.sigames.com) and if you have something specific you'd like to know about SI that isn't about specific features in our games, feel free to send an email to [email protected], and I'll choose the best ones and answer them in future blogs.

Cheers

Miles

[ 本帖最后由 kang861121 于 2008-10-18 05:28 AM 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-10-18 09:14:51 | 显示全部楼层
感觉好亲切呢。。。。。。汗一个
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|FMFans ( 京ICP备07501235号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:36 , Processed in 0.037142 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.